2019 NUCA of Nebraska Annual Conference and Projects Preview
January 24, 2019
Cornhusker Marriott in Lincoln, NE
Join us for the 2019 NUCA of Nebraska Annual Conference and Projects Preview where you, your field operators, foremen, supervisors and administrative operations staff can learn how to work together to create and communicate a safety culture in your company and how you can engage successful recruiting and onboarding strategies for employees. Meet with engineering firms and municipalities to learn about upcoming projects available for bid. Network with your peers and learn about the latest technology, products, services and equipment available in the exhibit hall. Have fun during our In It to Win It! event. Enjoy camaraderie during a cocktail reception, elect your new leadership during the Annual Business Meeting and enjoy networking during our dinner, then support NUCA of Nebraska's Scholarship Fund during the Live Auction.
Register online or download the paper version of the registration brochure.
Exhibitors, use this online registration link.or download the paper version of the registration brochure.
11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Creating and Communicating the Safety Culture You Desire (Part 1) for Field Operators, Foremen and Supervisors - presented by Marc McClure from Occupational Safety Consultants (Lunch is included)
12:30 - 2:00 p.m. Creating and Communicating the Safety Culture You Desire (Part 2) for Field Operators, Foremen and Supervisors - presented by Marc McClure from Occupational Safety Consultants
12:30 - 2:30 p.m. Spouse/Guest Cooking Class at Art & Soul in Lincoln - transportation provided to and from the hotel
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Finding Employees - Keys to Recruiting and Onboarding! - presented by Mike Henke
2:15 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. Projects Preview Presentations and Exhibits
4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m In It to Win It! Event
6:00 p.m. Cocktail Reception
6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Dinner, Annual Business Meeting and Live Auction
Notice of 2019 Annual Meeting
The date and time of the National Utility Contractors Association of Nebraska’s 2019 Annual Business Meeting, is as follows:
- Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. Central in the Grand Ballroom on the main level of the Cornhusker Marriott at 333 S. 13th St. in Lincoln, Nebraska.
The annual meeting is planned in conjunction with the National Utility Contractor Association of Nebraska’s 2019 Annual Conference. There are three primary items of business at the annual meeting:
- Election of board members. Please read the slate of candidates below.
- Vote on proposed bylaws amendments to allow employees of NUCA of Nebraska member companies to make individual contributions to the NUCA of Nebraska Political Action Committee (PAC) and to officially add Specialty Contractor Member as a membership category in the bylaws, as approved by NUCA National. Read the proposed bylaws amendments.
- Provide state legislative updates and a state of the association update.
Slate of Candidates
In accordance with the requirements of the National Utility Contractors Association of Nebraska Bylaws, the following slate of candidates is presented for election at the 2019 Annual Meeting.
- For Vice President – one-year term with automatic succession to President – Eric Klein from Klein Electric & Underground. Read Eric’s candidate
One (1) Associate Member – two-year term - Brett Gallinger from American Concrete Products. Read Brett’s candidate statement.
Additional nominations may be made from the floor at the annual meeting. Members nominated at the meeting must consent to serve if elected, before
such nominations are accepted.